The CareerGUIDE for Schools network’s main aim is to promote career education and awareness in European schools, bridging the gap between school and the world of work. Particularly, the network tries to:
- bring career guidance to the education policy front and contribute to the upgrading of teaching and learning career development
- explore the best practices on the implementation of career guidance education in Europe
- gather and evaluate ICT-based methodologies and practices addressed to career guidance
- offer specialised support and training opportunities to educators of career guidance in schools throughout Europe
- develop new curriculum guidelines
- develop generic skills profiles relevant to key jobs
The main tool for accomplishing these objectives is the CareerGUIDE web portal which acts as a forum for information, communication and promotion of career guidance in schools.